I’m still loving all the sporty details dotting the runways at NYFW SS16, particularly the racing stripe pieces at Alexander Wang and Anna Sui.
It reminded me of some of the Clare V bags that I’ve been dying to get my hands on.
With no extra $200 to throw down on a new purse, I present this DIY.
What you need:
- clutch (here)
- black and white acrylic paint
- acetone (nail polish remover with acetone works!)
- painters tape
- measuring tape/ ruler
- Prep purse by wiping down with acetone.
- Measure your stripes and tape off. This is the hardest part, because creating straight lines is difficult! I started at the center of the bag and went an inch wide for each.
- Mix paint with a splash of acetone to make it stick better. Paint.
- Let dry overnight.