Fancy footwear is having a serious moment, and I’m showing you a super easy way to up your footwear game with these DIY Tassel Heels.
What I love about a pair of statement heels is that it’s easy chic. You can throw on a t-shirt, jeans and these heels and still be ready for date night without trying.
While many of the high street brands are generating their own version of these beauties, you can make these exactly to your liking for under $35.
The other great thing about this project is the tassels are totally removable so you can interchange as you please or use them on a handbag or key chain to mix things up.
DIY Tassel Heels
What you need:
- ankle strap heels
- 3-4 small squares of fabric in the same color/ fabric family
- I wanted a mix in the size of my tassels. The big ones were 1.5 inches long, the short ones an inch long. The package of crafting suede that I bought off of Etsy came in a 5 inch by 5 inch square, so I really just had to do a little trimming.
- Measure out your desired tassel length. Cut off excess.
- From the top of your tassel, mark off a 1/2 inch border. Draw a straight line across. This is where the fringe will end.
- Start making your fancy fringe…
- Use scissors to cut thin strips approx. 1/8 inch thick, stopping at the border line.
- I’m pretty imprecise, so I just tried to eyeball it, making the fringe as even and straight as possible. You can totally measure out, but who needs perfection!?
- Next you’re going to use your excess fabric to make the loop for the tassel.
- Using your scraps, cut a strip approx. 1/8 inch wide and 1.5 to 2 inches long.
- Make a loop and glue to one end of your fringed suede.
- Place a line of glue at the top and roll to the other other end.
- Slip on straps and you’re ready to go!